Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Time to start thinking spring...

I am so bored of this snow and cold weather.  I've decided to turn my attention to an activity I want to undertake this spring/summer to save some money and get my family eating healthier - GARDENING!  I have begun to put a gardening page on this blog because gardening will help me be thrifty by keeping me from shopping so much and because I won't have to spend a fortune in fresh fruits and vegetables.  Not only that, but I can be in control of what goes on my family's produce instead of assuming that the large markets have my best interests in mind (which we all know they don't!).

I am going to try the Square Foot Gardening method (see link below for the book) since we only live on 1/2 an acre and I can't devote my entire yard to gardening.  It's still too early to even start seeds indoors yet here, but I want to make sure I have all my research done ahead of time. 

If you love to garden, want to try gardening, have tried this method or have any comments you'd like to share with us, please do so!  If you want to try this also, let me know and we can help each other out along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Save up to 70% for moms, babies and kids