Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Amazing Deals on Natural Pest Control for your Garden!

The few times I have gardened, I loved bringing in the "good" bugs to help me deal with the bad bugs.  Ladybugs and Praying Mantis will eat off many pests that hurt your crops and destroy plants.  This year I cannot wait to order them since I hope to instill a love of Science in my 3 year old.  We have already purchased a Praying Mantis egg case (to be shipped at a later date) and I want to show him the ladybug life cycle as well. 

Amazon has a great deal on ladybugs right now:



I hope this deal is still available in a few weeks!  It's a little cold in Jersey now to be releasing bugs!

Here is a great deal on a praying mantis egg case.  I've hatched these before and they do hatch easily.  I paid over $8 for mine about 5 years ago so this deal is really good!  Here is the link.


 
I am going to research curriculum guides for ladybugs and praying mantis later for those of you who want to turn this into a teaching opportunity for your children.  I will add it to this post.  This is really a great way to control pests without adding pesticides to the foods that your family will be eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Save up to 70% for moms, babies and kids