Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Purchasing Halloween costumes FRUGALLY??

My oldest has decided that he's going to be Buzz Lightyear this year and his younger brother should be Woody.  So I've been torn - nothing would make him happier, but have you seen the prices on the Disney website for those costumes????  It would cost me over $80 to dress them up for a day!!!! Wow!

I've been checking Ebay and Craigslist religiously hoping to get a good deal since I'm working on it early.  No such luck - apparently the resale on these costumes is SUPER high as well.

I ran across a great thread on Diaperswappers last night.  Those of you who cloth diaper know about Diaperswappers - but even if you don't cloth diaper it's a wonderful site for natural and organic children's products as well. 

Someone had the ingenious idea to post one long thread of Halloween costumes.  You can list what you want to get rid of and what you are looking for.  I looked through it and found someone selling a BRAND NEW Buzz costume from the Disney Store in my son's size - for $15!!!!  And that includes shipping to me!!! 

If you are looking to offload some costumes or to find a good price on this year's costumes, check out this thread:  The Official 2010 Buy/Sell/Trade Halloween Thread.

Good luck to you on your search and please wish me luck in tracking down a Woody costume now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Save up to 70% for moms, babies and kids