Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hmmm...another idea for your Amazon gift cards...

I may be a little paranoid but I worry all the time about losing my precious family photos, ID's, etc in a fire.  So a long time ago, I talked my husband into purchasing a small fire box.  I know it won't guarantee my most precious things will survive a fire - but it gives them a much better chance. 

In our fire box, I keep:

all of our birth certificates
our marriage certificate
SS cards
notes/sentimental items from my husband's parents who have passed away
our car titles
memory cards from my camera - they contain all of the pictures of my kids from birth on (I also have some of these on CD and most in Snapfish for backup - and my mother takes most of them so she has copies as well)

And yes - I do realize it makes it easier for someone to steal all that stuff - but I'm pretty sure no one wants my family photos - the benefits outweigh the risks for me.

Amazon is running a deal on these now if you haven't picked one up yet.  See what they are offering here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Save up to 70% for moms, babies and kids