Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lowering electricity bills??

I've been seeing this for a few years now - other companies competing with the "big ones"...you know - the ones that have monopolized the market for as long as I've known.  In NJ it's either PSE&G or JCP&L.  

Has anyone tried to use these smaller companies?  Do you see a savings?  How is the service?

NJ.com had an article a few weeks back about Constellation Energy coming into NJ and doing just this.  It had me wondering if we should switch.  Here's the article for you locals.

According to the article, they are a huge provider in other parts of the country - which makes me a bit more comfortable with it.  Also, my bills would still come from and be sent to JCP&L - who would in turn pay Constellation Energy.  I get a $75 or $150 Target gift card for signing up.  I HATE the customer service as JCP&L.  And Constellation Energy is promising lower rates.  What's not to like?

But I'm still skeptical.  You do have to sign an 18month or 30month contract.  The rates are set for 12 months or 24 months (respectively) and then are variable.  You can cancel your contract during the variable portion though. 

Please let me know if you've tried the switch (with any company) and how that went for you!

Any NJ residents who would like to sign up or get more info can also check out the company website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Save up to 70% for moms, babies and kids